We got a Christmas tree from the crazy but brilliant Misa – a house and several acres in Balmoral, an otherwise densely-packed suburb. As well as the mass of trees you see from the road, there are around 30 rows of 50 (or about 1500) around the back. Guy there told me they sell around 400 tries a weekend around this time of year, plus around 50 a day during the week. Trees average around $45, and they also sell accessories, so you’re at $18,000 turnover for the weekend. Of course, people don’t buy Xmas trees so much outside December. The property has a CV of $4.55 million and annual rates of $11,000.
- Pre-game jam https://t.co/No7rq32sKc 9 hours ago
- Just a heads up that there seems to be some kind of event at Eden Park https://t.co/FNxpgScJiX 10 hours ago
- TL;DR: Herald reporter approaches two All Blacks in a cafe; the two All Blacks down't want to talk to the reporter twitter.com/nzherald/statu… 14 hours ago
- Pack a lunch: it's a long read nytimes.com/interactive/20… 15 hours ago
- Plus our key legal advantages over Aussie consumers twitter.com/TheNBR/status/… 16 hours ago
About Chris Keall