We got a Christmas tree from the crazy but brilliant Misa – a house and several acres in Balmoral, an otherwise densely-packed suburb. As well as the mass of trees you see from the road, there are around 30 rows of 50 (or about 1500) around the back. Guy there told me they sell around 400 tries a weekend around this time of year, plus around 50 a day during the week. Trees average around $45, and they also sell accessories, so you’re at $18,000 turnover for the weekend. Of course, people don’t buy Xmas trees so much outside December. The property has a CV of $4.55 million and annual rates of $11,000.
- RT @IlanaCT: Accurate https://t.co/E41gvIhw65 6 hours ago
- RT @Reuters: WATCH: 21 states sue to keep net neutrality, challenging FCC reut.rs/2DH1EQu via @ReutersTV https://t.co/URegIckGIJ 9 hours ago
- And Krugman was expressing an opinion, not reporting news. Path to madness to analyse Trump's "awards" any futher twitter.com/DylanReeve/sta… 10 hours ago
- And the GOP site has crashed ... will have to wait a bit to see who gets bullied, berated or a badge of honour twitter.com/realDonaldTrum… 10 hours ago
- Chorus connections keep falling in December quarter nbr.co.nz/article/chorus… 10 hours ago
About Chris Keall