We got a Christmas tree from the crazy but brilliant Misa – a house and several acres in Balmoral, an otherwise densely-packed suburb. As well as the mass of trees you see from the road, there are around 30 rows of 50 (or about 1500) around the back. Guy there told me they sell around 400 tries a weekend around this time of year, plus around 50 a day during the week. Trees average around $45, and they also sell accessories, so you’re at $18,000 turnover for the weekend. Of course, people don’t buy Xmas trees so much outside December. The property has a CV of $4.55 million and annual rates of $11,000.
- Drama across the ditch https://t.co/yUTnI5TGll 4 hours ago
- JLR photographed by Mark Mitchell https://t.co/v6jqnI77l7 12 hours ago
- RT @hamishfletcher: Got up to go away for the weekend to find that we're being concreted in as part of @ChorusNZ UFB job. A simple knock on… 17 hours ago
- Holes emerging in National's chain of events around Jami-Lee Ross and his adverse behaviour nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl… 1 day ago
- Jami-Lee Ross admits to affairs with two women, vows to stay in Parliament nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl… 1 day ago
About Chris Keall