We got a Christmas tree from the crazy but brilliant Misa – a house and several acres in Balmoral, an otherwise densely-packed suburb. As well as the mass of trees you see from the road, there are around 30 rows of 50 (or about 1500) around the back. Guy there told me they sell around 400 tries a weekend around this time of year, plus around 50 a day during the week. Trees average around $45, and they also sell accessories, so you’re at $18,000 turnover for the weekend. Of course, people don’t buy Xmas trees so much outside December. The property has a CV of $4.55 million and annual rates of $11,000.
- Backgrounders: New broadband competition arriving via sea and sky nbr.co.nz/article/new-br… Broadband barney: three… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- Yes, I did doubt you at times -- but well done, Remi, flanked in recent times by NBR Rich Listers Malcolm Dick and… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 16 hours ago
- RT @Reuters: Microsoft quarterly results beat as cloud revenue soars reut.rs/2NuZS8Y https://t.co/2IFj9QjuMa 17 hours ago
- RT @TIME: TIME’s new cover: Trump wanted a summit with Putin. He got way more than he bargained for ti.me/2zRJayx https://t.co/qq… 18 hours ago
- At first blush, looks like a strong quarter for Microsoft twitter.com/Techmeme/statu… 18 hours ago
About Chris Keall