We got a Christmas tree from the crazy but brilliant Misa – a house and several acres in Balmoral, an otherwise densely-packed suburb. As well as the mass of trees you see from the road, there are around 30 rows of 50 (or about 1500) around the back. Guy there told me they sell around 400 tries a weekend around this time of year, plus around 50 a day during the week. Trees average around $45, and they also sell accessories, so you’re at $18,000 turnover for the weekend. Of course, people don’t buy Xmas trees so much outside December. The property has a CV of $4.55 million and annual rates of $11,000.
- @normnz Stop filling your head with dreams 5 minutes ago
- RT @Jasonwalls92: PM Jacinda Ardern has revealed in The Economist that the live-streamed video of the March 15 terror attack showed up on h… 29 minutes ago
- Me: Slash in-flight announcements. Give the quirky safety videos the biff (they peaked years ago). More wi-fi 35 minutes ago
- What would you like him to change? twitter.com/nzheraldbiz/st… 38 minutes ago
- Sky finally lets you cast Sky Go to a big screen nzherald.co.nz/business/news/… 45 minutes ago
About Chris Keall