We got a Christmas tree from the crazy but brilliant Misa – a house and several acres in Balmoral, an otherwise densely-packed suburb. As well as the mass of trees you see from the road, there are around 30 rows of 50 (or about 1500) around the back. Guy there told me they sell around 400 tries a weekend around this time of year, plus around 50 a day during the week. Trees average around $45, and they also sell accessories, so you’re at $18,000 turnover for the weekend. Of course, people don’t buy Xmas trees so much outside December. The property has a CV of $4.55 million and annual rates of $11,000.
- RT @patrickgowernz: Was there some kind of incredible explosion? 9 hours ago
- RT @dpfdpf: Worth recalling that on average Greens do 0.7% worse than they poll with ONCB. So they may be as low as 3.6% 12 hours ago
- Allowing for wasted votes, most pollsters say poss to get an MMP majority with 47% twitter.com/1newsnz/status… 12 hours ago
- RT @katieabradford: The latest @1NewsNZ Colmar Brunton poll - look at those changes https://t.co/XQetLnvpDH 13 hours ago
- RT @dannews: I think @JulieAnneGenter means TALKING..... https://t.co/T0MJvaz6Fl 13 hours ago
About Chris Keall