ABOVE: @Toby etc (full name: Toby Manhire Who Used to Work for The Guardian) discusses the surge in live blogging during the last UK election, and covering the current race via @ListenerLive. From RNZ MediaWatch, Sunday Nov 6, 2011. Interview starts 8 min 30 sec in, though all worth a listen. Also covers the first televised political debate – Nixon v Kennedy, 1960. The TV audience was famously maligned for giving the debate to Kennedy on looks (the radio listeners gave it to Nixon). Yet history proved television viewers were actually correct in their verdict that Nixon seemed shifty. So. There.
- Drama across the ditch https://t.co/yUTnI5TGll 4 hours ago
- JLR photographed by Mark Mitchell https://t.co/v6jqnI77l7 12 hours ago
- RT @hamishfletcher: Got up to go away for the weekend to find that we're being concreted in as part of @ChorusNZ UFB job. A simple knock on… 17 hours ago
- Holes emerging in National's chain of events around Jami-Lee Ross and his adverse behaviour nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl… 1 day ago
- Jami-Lee Ross admits to affairs with two women, vows to stay in Parliament nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl… 1 day ago
About Chris Keall