ABOVE: @Toby etc (full name: Toby Manhire Who Used to Work for The Guardian) discusses the surge in live blogging during the last UK election, and covering the current race via @ListenerLive. From RNZ MediaWatch, Sunday Nov 6, 2011. Interview starts 8 min 30 sec in, though all worth a listen. Also covers the first televised political debate – Nixon v Kennedy, 1960. The TV audience was famously maligned for giving the debate to Kennedy on looks (the radio listeners gave it to Nixon). Yet history proved television viewers were actually correct in their verdict that Nixon seemed shifty. So. There.
- RT @DylanReeve: @lancewiggs @SpeakerTrevor The chart scale is deceptive, as is the context-less comparison - the rent growth over the 26 mo… 9 hours ago
- Scientist: White Island eruption was 'basically instantaneous' nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl… 10 hours ago
- RT @sch: My god, White Island volcano in New Zealand erupted today for first time since 2001. My family and I had gotten off it 20 minutes… 11 hours ago
- Aussies invading https://t.co/PZiWl2vX8A 12 hours ago
- Live: nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/articl… twitter.com/Jasonwalls92/s… 13 hours ago
About Chris Keall