ABOVE: @Toby etc (full name: Toby Manhire Who Used to Work for The Guardian) discusses the surge in live blogging during the last UK election, and covering the current race via @ListenerLive. From RNZ MediaWatch, Sunday Nov 6, 2011. Interview starts 8 min 30 sec in, though all worth a listen. Also covers the first televised political debate – Nixon v Kennedy, 1960. The TV audience was famously maligned for giving the debate to Kennedy on looks (the radio listeners gave it to Nixon). Yet history proved television viewers were actually correct in their verdict that Nixon seemed shifty. So. There.
- RT @MattNippert: The Herald’s investigation team has worked non-stop since Friday. Here’s David Fisher on the international hunt: https://t… 8 hours ago
- @matteastnz @wekatweets Thanks for raising that question. Of course, there are lots of ways to share other than Fac… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 11 hours ago
- RT @ChrisKeall: Number of people have asked if fines only apply post-classification. Censor replies: It is an offence to share this mater… 11 hours ago
- Christchurch killer's livestream: Facebook reveals viewer numbers, responds to critics nzherald.co.nz/business/news/… 11 hours ago
- RT @kirsty_johnston: Please follow my replacement @isaac_davison in Christchurch and the rest of our reporters on the ground @AnnaLeask @Ku… 12 hours ago
About Chris Keall